Bluefuze is a small studio based in Stony Plain, Canada, and is the moniker of my creative self. I am Bluefuze, and I make websites, illustrations, and fine-art.
About Doug Seidl
I am a husband, father, designer, illustrator, and artist. I am a creative person… in many forms, but the form that I seem to be the best at is the visual arts. From an early age I knew that I wanted to have something to do with the visual arts for the rest of my life, and make a living off of it somehow.
- BFA, Visual Communications (emphasis in Illustration), Alberta College of Art + Design (ACAD), 2000
- Real Word Experience. I’ve learned more applicable knowledge outside of school, than in it. I can’t emphasize this enough, especially in regard to the web & creative fields that I’m a part of.
- Getting hired for my first “real job” as a Website Designer.
- Creating website for Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield (concept, writing, design).
- Presenting Dave Mustaine of Megadeth fame with a large portrait of his son Justis backstage.
- Taking the big leap of leaving a job as an employee, and starting my own company in 2006.
- Member of the Allied Arts Council of Spruce Grove.
- Successfully lobbied to include “Digital Art” as an accepted medium in the organization. See post.
- Member of SNAP (Society of Northern Alberta Print-Artists)
- Member of the Spruce Grove Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Stony Plain Chamber of Commerce
Awards & Honours:
- April 2012, Flickr ‘PAINTED – Art Competition Group‘
- Second Place for Salt Shaker.
- November 2011, Two pieces acquired for private collection of Parkland County, Alberta
- September 2011, PLAY! 2011 International Art Competition
- Gold / First Place in the “NON-CHARACTER CONCEPT ART for a published Video Game or Game in production” category for Intervention01.
- September 2011, Allied Arts Council of Spruce Grove – Open Art Competition
- First Place in the “Digital Art” category for Paranoid Android.
- May 2011, Allied Arts Council of Spruce Grove – Melcor Juried Active Members Show
- September 2010, Allied Arts Council of Spruce Grove – Open Art Competition
- Honorable Mention in the “Masters” category for Salt Shaker.
Shows & Events:
- Make It! Edmonton, November 2012.
- Make It! Edmonton, May 2012.
- Quoncert Art Show, January 2012
- Alternative Art Trends, October 2011
- Allied Arts Council of Spruce Grove – Melcor Juried Active Members Show, May 2011
- Private Solo Show, October 2009
- The Stony Plain Reporter, May 18, 2012.
- Music, without a doubt is a huge passion of mine. I am lucky enough to be able to listen to it for most of the day while I work. It’s an important part of who I am, and how I work, and inspires me throughout the day. Check out my profile on Last.fm
- Judo is something that I recently started, and I love it. It’s a great way to stay in shape along with many other benefits.
- Coffee. What can I say, I love the stuff! Here’s one of my favorite coffee places.
- Collecting vinyl records is another fun thing I like to do. I love collecting rare or limited edition vinyl.
- Guitar. I have been playing guitar since I was around 14 years old, and appreciating it even longer. When I put it that way, it just makes me realize how much better of a player I should be !